Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blog Tour: Elemental Reality by Cesya MaRae Cuono

Title: Elemental Reality


Author: Cesya MaRae Cuono


Published: Revolution Publishing, 21 August 2011


Pages: 260


Series: Book 1, Elemental


First Line: "Once upon a time there was a man and woman who loved each other unconditionally."


Summary: When Callie Pierce was ten, her mother disappeared without a trace. On the eve of her disappearance twelve years later, the earth seemingly comes alive. The elements speak to Callie, and that's only the beginning. Everything she has ever known was a twisted fabrication to protect her. Now the truth is set free. Callie and her sister are more powerful than any Faerie ever born. Now they have to use their powers to save their mother and family from the evil hands of fate that threaten to tear them apart. Welcome to her elemental reality. (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: With an incredibly pretty cover and a 22 year old protagonist I was sold on reading Elemental Reality.  One thing I have been complaining about lately is a lack of protagonists in their early 20's.  Luckily, Callie came along and I was hooked.


When I started reading Elemental Reality I didn't realize that it was about faeries so I was really excited to find that out while reading as I absolutely adore books about faeries.  In saying that though, these faeries are quite different and unique which is always exciting.  As I was reading through Elemental Reality I thought it to be slightly reminiscent of Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley in some aspects which made it really outstanding.

The characters were all really interesting.  I loved Callie and thought she was a riot.  Oli, is definitely an awesome guy and he speaks with a lot of Aussie slang which is really awesome.  I also liked that there was balance between Oli using Aussie slang and speaking in a way more understandable.  It was good because when reading a book I like to be able to understand what the characters are saying without spending too long trying to translate it.  Callie's best friends Ady and Emery were amazing too.  They were so great and I wish I had best friends like that because they just absolutely loved Callie and would do anything for her.


I really enjoyed the storyline of Elemental Reality.  At first I wasn't really sure where the book was headed but once the ball started rolling it kept going and I had to keep reading on.  I finished it in no time because I had to know what was going to happen next.  Then the ending happened.  Wow, the ending is quite the cliffhanger and now I really need to know what's going on and what will happen next.


Overall, I really enjoyed Elemental Reality.  It was fast-paced and had enough of a mysterious element to keep me reading through the day.  If you're looking for something unique and fantastical then I strongly encourage you to read Elemental Reality.  That is, if the cover hasn't already sucked you in!


Source: Revolution Publishing


About Cesya:


Cesya MaRae Cuono hails from a small town in northeastern Pennsylvania. She is a graduate of Alvernia University where she majored in Business Administration and also received her certificate of Multi-Media & Production makeup from Cosmix School of Makeup Artistry. You can find any updates from Cesya on her website at www.cesyacuonobooks.blogspot.com.


1 comment:

  1. It is a beautiful cover and finding a protagonist in their early twenties is something. I quite like faeries and I love fast pace reads. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!