Saturday, September 17, 2011

7 Scorpions: Rebellion by Mike Saxton

Title: 7 Scorpions: Rebellion


Author: Mike Saxton


Published: Eloquent Books, 2010


Pages: 450


Series: Book 1, 7 Scorpions


First Line: "For years, people talked about various ways that the world would end - plague, floods, sunbursts, nuclear war, the wrath of God; amongst others."


Summary: The world was turned upside down by the swift and brutal attack of a dictator known only as Zodiac. Planting flash bombs in every major city across the world, he detonated them simultaneously, sending the survivors into chaos and anarchy.
In the wake of the destruction, Zodiac unleashed the dreaded Seekers, a group with the ability to radiate an aura of intense fear, which would complete the enslavement and extermination of humanity.
A former vigilante, turned government super soldier experiment, emerges from his self-imposed exile to challenge the new status quo. Can Vincent Black, with his makeshift team of unlikely allies, overcome the demons of his past to help preserve the future of humanity?  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I’m not always the biggest fan of dystopians but when I read a description of one that sounds really good I give it a go.  When I started reading Mike Saxton’s 7 Scorpions: Rebellion I wasn’t sure what to expect.  I sat down and started reading it, I said to myself that I would read one chapter and then do something else.  About ten chapters later I finally stopped reading.

I really loved 7 Scorpions: Rebellion.  It had that addictive quality to it so whenever I would try to read a chapter here or there I would end up reading around three chapters or so.

I think that one of the reasons it was hard to put down was because there was always something happening, and I wanted to know what was going to happen next, and who was going to do what and end up where.  There were absolutely no dull parts.

While there was quite a large cast of characters I found that it was easy to keep track of who was who and what they were doing.  There were a lot of them that I really liked such as Vincent, Lexi, Josh and Talbot to name a few; and then there were some that I wasn’t so keen on.

I thought the plot was really interesting too.  It was different to a lot of others that I usually read and it was quite realistic feeling, almost as though the events could happen.  I definitely enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing what happens in the next book in the trilogy.

Overall, I really enjoyed 7 Scorpions: Rebellion and would definitely recommend it to fans of science fiction, in particular dystopian novels.  It is well worth a read.

1 comment:

  1. That just made my Saturday! Thanks so much for the review! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!