Thursday, August 11, 2011

Books I Yearn For (3)

There are a lot of these type posts around the blogosphere where people show off books that they simply cannot wait for.  I have decided to create my own version of these posts because sometimes I obsess over a book for so long that I just have to get it out of my system.  Whether they be old or new these are books that I just wish I had my hands on.

This week:
The Hidden by Jessica Verday


Description: *Warning, may contain spoilers unless you haven't read the first two books*
Abbey knows that Caspian is her destiny. Theirs is a bond that transcends even death. But as Abbey finally learns the full truth about the dark fate that links her to Caspian and ties them both to the town of Sleepy Hollow, she suddenly has some very hard choices to make. Caspian may be the love of her life, but is that love worth dying for? 

Why?
1. The cover.  Oh man do I love that cover.  It'll go perfect with my other two books in the series.  Of course, the US versions of the covers are just as pretty but I started getting the UK editions first because I loved them just that little bit more.

2. The cliffhanger ending of the second book.  Ugh I'm pulling out my hair just to know what happens next.

3. I love Jessica Verday's writing.  Her descriptive writing is so good.

4. Why not?  I just cannot wait to read it.  In fact I'm getting extra excited for it as I write this post.

Finally, I leave you with the other cover (the US version) of The Hidden because it is really gorgeous too.


* Also just as an aside.  I am really really hoping that the ending of this one will be something different.  I know how I want it to end, lets hope it does end that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!