Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shadowland by Alyson Noel

Title: Shadowland


Author: Alyson Noel


Published: St. Martin's Press, 2009


Pages: 339


Series: Book 3, Immortals


Summary: At the start of this breathtaking novel, Damen and Ever travel to Summerland in search of an antidote to reverse a powerful poison. But instead of the cure they seek, they find something far more sinister: the truth about their existence and the fate lying in wait of an immortal’s soul. 

Now, with Damen fighting to save them from the Shadowland, Ever turns to magick, hoping to break Damen’s curse. Along the way Ever encounters the mysterious Jude, finding herself drawn to him in a way that will test her love for Damen like never before . . .  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Shadowland is the third book in the Immortals series and I thought it was quite interesting.  There were a lot of boring parts too though.  I wasn’t exactly sure where Shadowland was going because it just opened up a few problems and then the rest of the book was just Ever doing this, that or the next thing and having several conversations.

I don’t really remember much about what happened in Blue Moon so it took me a while to remember some of the people and who they were.

Ever annoyed me, she’s so whiny and refuses to listen to anyone; that and she’s really impatient.  It’s like she hasn’t realised that she is immortal and so she has all the time in the world.  Which I guess is fair enough but if she actually stopped to think about it she’d probably realise that.

Roman was another character that really annoyed me.  He seemed so childish and immature.  It was pretty weird to be honest.  I thought he was supposed to be a devious bad guy but he ended up being more of a creep than anything.

All in all I thought that Shadowland was average.  There wasn’t too much going on in the book but the ending did leave an opening for the next book that sounds quite intriguing.  If you were a fan of the first two books then you might like this one, just don’t expect there to be any action.

Source: Library

2 comments:

  1. Yes! My thoughts exactly on this book! Shadowland is really the main reason why I haven't continued on with the series. It was so blah, and Ever... don't even get me started. It's great to find someone else who shares my opinion!

    ~ Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love the Immortals series so far, except this one. It was pretty slow and Ever's ego was through the roof. I'm still going to read the next one to see what happens though!

    Vickie from ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!