Thursday, July 28, 2011

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

Title: Magic Strikes


Author: Ilona Andrews


Published: Ace, 2009


Pages: 310


Series: Book 3, Kate Daniels


Summary: Drafted into working for the Order of Merciful Aid, mercenary Kate Daniels has more paranormal problems than she knows what to do with. And in Atlanta, where magic comes and goes like the tide, that’s saying a lot.

But when Kate’s werewolf friend Derek is discovered nearly dead, she must confront her greatest challenge yet.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I absolutely love this series.  The first two books were so good and after reading the third book I stand by my word that this series is awesome.

I love Kate, I love Curran, I love Derek, I love Julie, I love Andrea and I love Jim.  Really, all of the characters are great.  Especially Kate though, she’s so kick-ass.  Another thing I loved was that I got to find out more about Kate’s history and who she is.  You also get to find out a little more about some of the other characters which was really good.

The story line was really interesting and it definitely kept me reading.  There’s mystery and fantasy which are my two favourite genres.

Then there is the whole Kate and Curran element.  The chemistry between them is right there and they just keep fighting it.  It’s so frustrating but so fun to read about.

I loved the ending.  I had this huge grin on my face at the end because it was truly awesome and I just loved it.  I definitely cannot wait to read the next book.

I could rave about Magic Strikes forever because it’s an awesome read.  If you like fantasy books with a bit of mystery thrown in then you’ll love Magic Strikes and the Kate Daniels series.

Source: Library

1 comment:

  1. Kate Daniels is a strong character with a secret past she can't let anyone know about. Her entire purpose in life is to kill her father, but before she can do that she must train and be the best she can be. Most of this novel takes place in an arena, which is pretty interesting. I hung on every word and every fight described. The rest of the novel was heart felt and intriguing. All of the characters are multidimensional and unique. I'm enjoying every bit of this series. My only qualm about this book is Kate's continuing denial of feelings between her and Curran. I understand that she thinks he just wants to conquer her then leave, but if she is attracted to him too, I'm not sure I understand the problem. There isn't anything in her past that we know about that would make her seem scared to be in a relationship. Hopefully she will get over her fear of actually liking someone in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!