Tuesday, July 5, 2011

M + L Forever Blog Tour: Author Interview with Angela Morrison

Today I have the honours of interviewing Angela Morrison who is the author of Taken by Storm, Unbroken Connection and Cayman Summer; all of which feature Michael and Leesie.  At the moment Angela is having a huge celebration and blog tour for these books.  Angela kicked the celebration off with a huge contest on her blog which you can find here.


And without further ado I give you Angela:



  • What inspired you to write about Michael and Leesie in the first place?
I found Michael in a storm off the coast of Cozumel. My husband and I were scuba diving and heard about an dive accident the same storm--at hurricane strength--caused south of us in Belize. I thought, what if a guy lost his parents and dive club buds in a similar fictional accident. What would he do? Where would he go? And, most importantly, who would love him? TAKEN BY STORM is the answer.

  • How do you feel now that you've completed Michael and Leesie's story?
I'm relieved, but kind of sad. I wrote Michael's first words in 2002. He and Leesie have been talking in head since then. Their voices are quiet now.  I miss them. But I am excited the saga is there for readers to gobble up one book after the other. No more waiting.

  • Of the three books, Taken by Storm, Unbroken Connection and Cayman Summer do you have a favourite?  Why, why not?
I'd have to say TAKEN BY STORM is my favorite because I worked on it for so long, revised it so much before I finally found a publisher. It is honed and polished. I'm really proud of it. It got a starred review in PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY--a rare and wonderful thing.

  • What has been your favourite part of Michael and Leesie's story?
Getting to know Michael and watching him grow.

  • What are you currently working on writing now?
I'm in the middle of a couple of very exciting projects. I'm working on adapting SING ME TO SLEEP for the musical stage. Harriet Bushman, who composed the music for "Beth's Song" and "Take me Home," is collaborating with me. I'm excited about how its taking shape. My agent is marketing a heartbreaking historical YA called MY ONLY LOVE. I turned my great, great, great, grandmother's big brother into the most romantic collier lad ever to be forced to leave the girl he lives for behind in Scotland. I'm in final revision stages of a time-travel adventure romance called, SLIPPED. If you took Jane Eyre and Mad Max and plopped them down in the middle of 13th century Europe, you'd get SLIPPED.

  • Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
Write, write, write, write. Read tons, too. Don't give up, but don't quit your day job, either. Money is scarce in this business. Check out my liv2writ blog on my website for my best writerly advice.

  • Do you have any must-haves while writing?
I write all my first drafts by hand with a black, Zebra gel pen on pale pink paper curled up in my bed. I have a kidney-shaped lapdesk that I use.


Thanks a bunch Angela!  Be sure to check out Angela's blog post here to find out more about the M + L Forever Blog Tour!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Rebecca. Thanks for having me. You're a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela is AMAZING ... I LOVE all her books and I can't wait for the release of her new novels.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!