Thursday, July 7, 2011

Daimon by Jennifer L Armentrout

Title: Daimon


Author: Jennifer L Armentrout


Published: Spencer Hill Press, May 2011


Pages: 62


First Line: "She smelled like mothballs and death."


Summary: For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty. 

According to her mother, that’s a good thing. 

But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill. 

The daimons have found her. (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Daimon is a novella prequel to the Covenant series, the first book being Half-Blood which comes out in September.  Daimon provides a bit of back-story about Alex who will be the main character in Half-Blood.

I really loved Daimon.  I’m not sure what I had expected Daimon to be like but it was even better than I thought it would be.  I sat down to read a chapter and ended up ploughing through the whole thing in no time.
I really like the concept of the Hematoi and the half-bloods, not to mention these daimons.  It all sounds really good and I cannot wait to explore their world and find out more about them in Half-Blood.

Daimon was amazing and I was having a really fun time reading it when it just ended abruptly.  I literally yelled out no when it finished.  Then I realised that I had Half-Blood to read so I could get my next fix anyway.

As I’ve said about a million times already, Daimon is so good.  Even if you’re not sure about Half-Blood and Daimon try reading Daimon because it is brilliant.  Definitely check it out!

Source: Downloaded from Website

Notes: You can download the ebook version of this book from the Spencer Hill Press website here.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this introduction book. I love the idea of a 'prequel' before the big book comes out. It gets you so excited to read what comes next. And excited I am. Damion for me HIT THE SPOT. I have been in Clinicals. I haven't been able to read a full book since I started in like I would love to. Like I normally do. But, Friday that is over ;) yay. But, back on topic. When I picked up Damion, it hit the spot in reading that I needed! I devoured it. I loved it. It left me yearning for more. To know what is going to happen. I want to read Half-Blood so bad!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!