Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa

Title: Summer's Crossing


Author: Julie Kagawa


Published: Harlequin Teen, June 2011


Pages: 57


Series: Book 3.5, Iron Fey


First Line: "Names."


Summary: A Midsummer's Nightmare? Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Summer Court prankster, King Oberon's right hand, bane of many a faery queen's existence—and secret friend to Prince Ash of the Winter Court. Until one girl's death came between them, and another girl stole both their hearts. 

Now Ash has granted one favor too many and someone's come to collect, forcing the prince to a place he cannot go without Puck's help—into the heart of the Summer Court. And Puck faces the ultimate choice—betray Ash and possibly win the girl they both love, or help his former friend turned bitter enemy pull off a deception that no true faery prankster could possibly resist.   (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I could not wait to read this little adventure with Ash and Puck, told from Puck’s perspective.  It was good to hear Puck’s perspective in Summer Crossing, he’s so funny which is awesome.  There were also moments that made me mad at Puck.  I understood where he was coming from but still.

One thing I really loved was that the little chapter titles were actually lines from A Midsummer Night’s Dream.  That was awesome.  There were also references to parts of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, because duh, Puck is one of the main characters!

Reading Summer’s Crossing made me fall in love with Ash and the world of the Iron Fey all over again.  It felt like Summer’s Crossing was a way for me to get my little fix of Ash before The Iron Knight is released.
There was one point of Summer’s Crossing where I had tears in my eyes and another where I was laughing out loud.

I absolutely loved Summer’s Crossing and it is definitely a novella that any true fan of the Iron Fey series should read.  My one complaint was that there was no appearance of my second favourite character (Grimalkin) but one cannot have everything and it was still great without him.

Source: Own Copy

Notes: *You can download this ebook for free from the Harlequin Ebook Store.*

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book! Even though it was pretty short it held a lot of mischief and that was one of favorite things about the book. And the thought puck had when he said that titania threated a town because of a missing hairpin made me laugh me giggle hysterically. i think anyone who loves fairytales and romance should read this series!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kagawa's writing and the Iron Fey Series is AWESOME! Puck's character is a very interesting one; I love his humor towards everything! On the other hand, Ash is the serious one who rarely cracks any jokes. This adventure happens between books in the Iron Fey Series when Meagan Chase (the half-fey girl's attention both fey boys are vying for). I would recommend this series (including both novelas,Summers Crossing and Winters Passage) to anyone who enjoys a good teen romance as well as the suspenseful action, the hilarious characers, and paranormal (mystical) characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These therapies are great for people who tend to overanalyze their situations and will be of great use to them.
    It is not uncommon for massage therapists to consult with physiotherapists before
    and during a massage. Insurance companies also demand
    certification and in that case the individual is considered disqualified from engaging in clinical practice if not certified.
    Feel free to surf my site ... lab tests for depression

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!