Saturday, June 25, 2011

Reborn by Ley Mesina

Title: Reborn


Author: Ley Mesina


Published: 25 May 2011


Pages: 78


Series: Book 1, Goddess of Night


First Line: " 'I'm busy! Tell whoever it is that I'm busy.' "


Summary: Lily Westbrook knows she is anything but ordinary. When her powers fully mature on her eighteenth birthday, she realizes that being half witch and half vampire is more of a challenge then she was let on to believe. 

After being accepted to Kensington University in Cedar Creek, Massachusetts, she sets out on a journey that pulls her deeper into the world of witches and vampires, uncovering the truth about her past and discovering who she is meant to be. (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Reborn is a really interesting novella that features Lily who is half vampire and half witch.  I haven’t read a book about vampires for quite a while so Reborn was quite good in that sense.

I like how this book was set up.  It was told around quite a few different characters and also through a few diary entries and notes.  I thought that the diary entries and notes were quite a good addition to the book as it added that little something extra into the book.

I don’t think that there was a lot of character building going on in Reborn but I think that Reborn was more of a setting up a really interesting story line to be carried on in the next book.  Although, I did think that Lily was an intriguing character.  I did find Xander to be quite interesting as well.

The concept of witches and vampires was really interesting.  It also mentions Nyx who I have come across in another couple of novels so it’s always good to see how different authors approach goddesses and myths and legends.

I loved the ending; it left an opening for the next book which I really look forward to reading.  If you like vampires or witches, or are just looking for a fun read, that is quite quick but has quite a lot of action and excitement, then definitely try Reborn.

Source: Ley Mesina for review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!