Thursday, June 30, 2011

Favourite Reads of 2011 (so far)

This was created by Nomes of InkCrush and it looked like a fun thing to do so I thought I would do it.




1. Favourite book read so far in 2011
Hmmm this is actually a hard one. I've read so many amazing books this year so far. If I had to pick one though, it would be Clarity by Kim Harrington.




2. Most powerful book
Definitely Shine by Lauren Myracle.






3. The most brilliantly funny
That would be Kiss of Death by Lauren Henderson. I laughed quite a lot with this one.






4. Best ache-y, heart-breaking, tear-jerker read
How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford. This one just plucked at my heartstrings because it's the kind of book that makes me sad. But it was an amazing read.




My Review of How to Say Goodbye in Robot.


5. Most beautiful story
This one I would say Shine by Lauren Myracle but How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford comes in a close second.




6. Fave rainy day comfort read
Cloaked by Alex Flinn, it's a nice read and you just know how it's going to turn out.




7. Best tense, adrenalin-fuelled, unputdownable award
Ultraviolet by R J Anderson




My Review of Ultraviolet by R J Anderson


8. The beautiful prose award
Hmmmmmmmm there are a lot I have to mention, Ultraviolet by R J Anderson, The Haunted by Jessica Verday, How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford and Shine by Lauren Myracle all had amazing prose. My favourite of them would be The Haunted by Jessica Verday however.






9. most atmospheric and vivid setting
Die for Me by Amy Plum. I now have Paris implanted on my brain. The settings in Die for Me were really unforgettable.






10. i-so-want-to-go-there award
Divergent by Veronica Roth. I would love to be a part of that universe. It sounds so different and so intriguing.





11. most original and imaginative
Hmmm it's a toss up between Divergent by Veronica Roth, Ultraviolet by R J Anderson and Genesis by Lara Morgan. I'll say Genesis this time.



12. best under-appreciated, hidden gem book
There's a few I could say for this one, but I think it would be Six Moon Summer by S M Reine. It's really well-written and it is a really nice story.



13. i-had-no-idea-i-would-love this-so award
Definitely Die for Me by Amy Plum.


14. most haunting story
I'm not sure if I got the wrong idea of what haunting means. But I would say How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford because it haunted me in that I couldn't stop thinking about it for a couple of days afterward.


15. outside of my comfort zone but gosh how i loved it
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. I was never sure that I liked Steampunk but man did I love Leviathan.


16. series that i'm loving
The Dresden Files. I absolutely loved the first book Storm Front.



17.  most memorable voice award
Amal from Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah




18. completely awesome premise award
I'm going to say Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James because I did love the premise. The story however...



19.  would make the best movie
Ladystar: The Dreamspeaker by W. Scott it seemed like a movie when reading it anyway.



20.  want to re-read already
Hmmmm I'm going to say How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford.


And that is my list done. It's quite repetitive in some places but I do have some favourites that stand out more than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!