Monday, June 27, 2011

Blog Tour: Fanfare

Title: Fanfare

Author: Renee Ahdieh

Published: Revolution Publishing, May 2011

Pages: 240


First Line: "It's anti-capitalistic to love someone."

Summary: Cris Pereira hates starring in a cautionary tale. Alas, her recent heartbreak relegates her to this unbecoming fate. The only good thing about being dumped a foot from the altar is the newest layer to her punchy sarcasm. All she wants is a do-over, but this is not your average fairy tale, and wishes don't come true in the real world. One Sunday afternoon, she meets a movie star. Tom Abramson is intelligent, charming, and impetuous. In other words, he plays the role a bit too well. She isn’t falling for it. She knows better. All British men are not descendants of Fitzwilliam Darcy, and movie stars are genetic mutations gone awry: X-Men with statistical disadvantages and emotional handicaps. Keep your knight in shining armor. A modern girl can rescue herself, thank you very much. After all, dreams are for the foolhardy, nightmares are just a part of life, and . . . this is not your average fairy tale.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Fanfare was amazing. After just reading a book that I didn’t like very much, I was starting to feel the beginnings of a reading slump. Thankfully, Fanfare pulled me away from that.



I’m pretty sure that for 3/4 of Fanfare I had a huge grin plastered to my face. The other 1/4 was spent lamenting and hoping that things would turn out for the best. I also laughed out loud a few times. Cristina was the kind of narrator that made me laugh. There were also a couple of times where I could feel tears springing to my eyes. Fanfare is just exceptional.


Fanfare was everything I needed. It was light, it was fun and it was just so enjoyable. It was well-written so I could just breeze through and read this one within no time.


All the characters, except for one for obvious reasons, were fantastic. They all had their own personalities and just added something special to Fanfare. Each character had their own place in the novel and it was great to see how they all worked together.


I’m not normally a fan of just romances but this one had me completely engaged throughout the book and there was never a moment where I wanted to stop reading. I just had to read the whole thing.


Fanfare is a great, fun read. It’s the sort of romance that is really believable. I really enjoyed Fanfare and can gladly say that this one is a good one for fans of romance novels that aren’t incredibly overbearing or for someone just looking for a good, well-written, light and fun read.

Source: Revolution Publishing for Review

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I just got done reading this one myself and I totally get what you said about the big old grin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your review, ladies! I must say that it certainly plastered a grin on MY face! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!