Monday, June 6, 2011

Between by Cyndi Tefft

Title: Between


Author: Cyndi Tefft


Published: Createspace, 2011


Pages: 246


First Line: "Ravi's lips were soft and familiar against mine, but my mind was elsewhere."


Summary: It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent. 

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates. 

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Between was not what I had expected and I am sorry to say that it just wasn’t my cup of tea.  I felt that Between was just too much on the side of romance for me to enjoy and so I found it hard to get into.

Between is classed as a YA paranormal romance novel and I would have to say that it would be more on the threshold of older YA / adult fiction because there were some sexual scenes that while they weren’t completely explicit were enough to turn me away from the book somewhat.  I also have to say that this book was very heavy on the romance side of things so there wasn’t much else in the way of plot.

One thing I did like about Between was that it jumped into the story straight away and there was no beating around the bush or long-winded explanations before the story commenced.  Once the story did start however, I had no idea where it was going to go.  I have to say that I was really surprised by the direction it took and the ending took me well by surprise.

Between wasn’t exactly my cup of tea but it is still quite well written.  If you’re a fan of paranormal romance books then I think you’ll absolutely enjoy Between by Cyndi Tefft.

Source: Cyndi Tefft for review

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this now and really enjoying it, even though I don't usually like Paranormal romance! It's quite a surreal story but I like the twists and turns.

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this book and my review will come out sometime this week. I enjoyed it and although I'm not really into fantasy and paranormal novels, this stood out because of its simplicity and its twists and turns.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog, Rebecca! I'm your newest follower :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!