Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Abandoned by Amanda Stevens

Title: The Abandoned


Author: Amanda Stevens


Published: Mira, March 2011


Pages: 61


Series: Book 0.5, The Graveyard Queen


First Line: "Ree Hutchins was dozing at the old woman's bedside, a dog-eared copy of The Call of the Wild open on her lap, when Violet Tisdale passed away."


Summary: When her favorite patient at a private mental hospital passes away, psychology student Ree Hutchins mourns the elderly woman's death. But more unsettling is her growing suspicion that something unnatural is shadowing her.
Amateur ghost hunter Hayden Priest believes Ree is being haunted. Even Amelia Gray, known in Charleston as The Graveyard Queen, senses a gathering darkness. Driven by a force she doesn't understand, Ree is compelled to uncover an old secret and put abandoned souls to rest—before she is locked away forever....  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: For such a short story The Abandoned is packed with so much.  There is mystery, action, romance and suspense which, makes it incredibly awesome.  The Abandoned is a novella that starts before the first book in the series, The Restorer.

I really enjoyed reading The Abandoned, it had creepiness and ghosts.  There was mystery and I just had to know what was going on.

I liked Ree, and I liked Hayden.  I thought they were really interesting characters.  There were some points that I was really hoping that things were going to turn out for the best.

I thought that The Abandoned was a great introduction to the Graveyard Queen series, it shows off Amanda Stevens writing style and I really enjoyed it.  I look forward to reading the rest of the series.  Especially with Amelia, who while was in this book wasn’t the main character; she is for the rest of the series though.

Source: Own copy

Notes: *You can download this ebook for free from the Harlequin Ebook Store*

1 comment:

  1. I have this one on Kindle, I wanted to try it before investing in the series, glad to know you enjoyed it, I will have to read it soon, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!