Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Strom Front by Jim Butcher

Title: Storm Front


Author: Jim Butcher


Published: Orbit, 2005


Pages: 352


Series: Book 1, The Dresden Files


First Line: "I heard the mailman approach my office door, half an hour earlier than usual."


Summary: Harry Dresden is the best at what he does. Well, technically, he's the onlyat what he does. So when the Chicago P.D. has a case that transcends mortal creativity or capability, they come to him for answers. For the "everyday" world is actually full of strange and magical things—and most don't play well with humans. That's where Harry comes in. Takes a wizard to catch a—well, whatever. 

There's just one problem. Business, to put it mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name. And that's when things start to get interesting.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I never thought I would see the day where I would pick up a book about a wizard named Harry and absolutely love it.  Who am I kidding?  I loved Harry Potter and now I love Harry Dresden.  Though, they are actually both very different, and this review is about Storm Front which is the first book in a series about Harry Dresden, wizard.


Having seen the tv episode loosely based on this book I already had a fair idea of what was going to happen but that did not detract from the story any.  I still absolutely adored it.  There’s just something about the fantasy genre that I love and Storm Front was sooo good.

There were so many moments that I laughed out loud.  Storm Front had so many hilarious elements that I couldn’t help but laugh.  It just seemed like if Harry could get into a bad situation then he would.

I feel like I could ramble on and on about how much I loved Storm Front but I’m just going to say that I absolutely adored it leave it at that.

Storm Front had magic, hilarity, seriousness, adventure and action.  All around it was just generally awesome.  If you love urban type fantasy, then I think you might just like Storm Front.  I loved it and will definitely be reading the next book in the series.

Source: Library

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't get into it, Dresden's voice in the book felt too... old guy thinks he's cool while wearing a trench coat and playing tabletop RPGs. Not that there aren't cool guys like that, but his voice was... meh. I LOVED the show, though.

    I'm still thinking of giving the book a second change though. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!