Friday, April 22, 2011

Reunion in Carmel by Tim Comstock

Title: Reunion in Carmel


Author: Tim Comstock


Published: AuthorHouse, 2010


Pages: 236


First Line: "The flash of lightning was razor-true, sending the top quarter of the huge cypress crashing to the beach below."


Summary: A brutal killer stalks Carmel, threatening its very existence. Police Chief Will Kempton must call on skills long untested to save himself, his family and the village he comes to love. The trail twists and turns as as the hunter becomes the hunted and the crimes escalate. Unique characters and Carmel's bizarre politics are thrown into the mix in ways that are not helpful to the chief. As time runs out only desperate measures can save the day.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: Reunion in Carmel took me by surprise when it jumped straight into the action right away.  It was quite a good book too.  After reading through a lot of it I had an idea about what I thought was going to happen but as I read more I turned out to be very wrong.


The characters are all really interesting and while I did find it confusing to get to know exactly who was who it didn’t matter too much in the overall picture.  I knew who the main characters were and that was enough to get through the book.

I thought that the pacing of the book was pretty good until the end.  I felt like it could’ve ended a little sooner than it did but apart from that it wasn’t too bad.

Reunion in Carmel is quite a good murder mystery and I enjoyed reading through it.  One thing I have to say is that it has quite a lot of swearing in it.  It doesn’t bother me too much, but if it isn’t your thing then you might want to give this a miss.

But, if you’re a fan of murder mysteries then Reunion in Carmel is worth checking out.

Source: Bohlsen PR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!