Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

Title: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner


Author: Stephenie Meyer


Published: Little Brown, 2010


Pages: 178


Series: Book 3.5, Twilight


First Line: "The newspaper headline glared at me from a little metal vending machine: SEATTLE UNDER SIEGE - DEATH TOLL RISES AGAIN."


Summary: Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood... life before she became a vampire. 

All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself and, above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out. 

Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as "her". As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagined, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth?  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I hadn’t originally planned to read this one but a friend of mine gave it to me for my birthday so 6 months later I’m reading it.  I actually enjoyed reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner.  It didn’t take me too long to get through and it wasn’t filled with over 200 pages of filler.

I thought a few of the characters were interesting.  I liked Fred he seemed like an interesting character more so than any of the others.

I found a couple of things to be slightly confusing but I think that’s just because I don’t remember much of Eclipse which I read quite a few years ago.

If you’re a fan of the twilight series and aren’t sure whether you want to read this one or not, I’d say give it a read.  It’s not too big and it’s not full of boring filler.  You might just enjoy it.

Source: Own book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!