Friday, March 18, 2011

The Project by Brian Falkner

Title: The Project


Author: Brian Falkner


Published: Walker Books, 2010


Pages: 343


First Line: "This is not the most boring book in the world."


Summary: It all started with a book. The most boring book in the world! So boring that nobody would ever read it. The perfect place to hide a terrible secret. But now the book has emerged from its hiding place and the world may never be the same.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Review: The Project is a really great book.  I started reading it and absolutely loved reading it.  The action was at a reasonable pace so I wanted to keep reading but didn't feel like things were rushing or taking too long.


I have to be honest that before I read the book I thought German Bad Guys + Leonardo Da Vinci makes a cliche book but actually no, I thought the Project was quite original in its ideas and the big secret of Da Vinci's was actually pretty cool.


The characters were really cool too.  They added some humour into the book and while I did shake my head at some of Luke's crazy ideas and way of jumping into things without thinking I thought he was a good character.  Tommy too.


A lot of reviews talk of The Project being for boys more than anything but I honestly think that both guys and girls will enjoy this one.  There is no romance but I never really noticed until I stopped to think about it because it doesn't really matter.


There was one point in the novel where we are given a preview of how the most boring book in the world reads and let me say that Brian Falkner does an amazing job at making the book incredibly boring it really just added to my opinion that Brian Falkner is very good at writing.


If you're looking for a fun-filled action adventure story then you might just enjoy The Project because it is quite an enjoyable read.


Source: Walker Books Australia


Kiwi Spotlight




This kiwi indicates that this book was written by a New Zealand author.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...interesting. I like books that don't have romance in them - it's a nice change. It's also nice when books move smoothly. Having too much action can be just as bad as too little.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!