Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Title: Eternal


Author: Cynthia Leitich Smith


Published: Candlewick Press, 2009


Pages: 320


First Line: "I may be heaven-sent but I'm not perfect."


Summary: At last, Miranda is the life of the party: all she had to do was die. Elevated and adopted by none other than the reigning King of the Mantle of Dracul, Miranda goes from high-school theater wannabe to glamorous royal fiend overnight. Meanwhile, her reckless and adoring guardian angel, Zachary, demoted to human guise as the princess’s personal assistant, has his work cut out for him trying to save his girl’s soul and plan the Master’s fast-approaching Death Day gala. In alternating points of view, Miranda and Zachary navigate a cut-throat eternal aristocracy as they play out a dangerous and darkly hilarious love story for the ages. (Taken from Goodreads)

Review: I haven’t read a vampire story for a while, mostly because I’d gone off of them but I decided to read Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith as the third book in the trilogy is due to be released really soon.

I started Eternal and thought it was really interesting.  Things happened really quickly and it wasn’t overloaded with unnecessary details.  I thought that things moved really really fast for the first third of the novel.

I thought the middle section was a tad slower however, and while there were one or two interesting things, the whole middle section was quite slow and it took me a while to get through that part.  Once I did get through it however, I found the last part to be really exciting and it was really good to see little mysteries come together and it just worked out into a really nice ending.

I liked Zachary.  He was an interesting character and while I didn’t relate to him, I found him to be quite realistic and I could definitely understand his viewpoint.

Overall, Eternal is a really good book that has both vampires and angels.  If you’re looking for something about vampires that’s a little different to other books out there, then I highly recommend Eternal.

Source: Own Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!