Monday, December 13, 2010

You Already Know How To Be Great by Alan Fine

Title: You Already Know how to be Great


Author: Alan Fine


Published: Portfolio, 2010


Pages: 256


Summary: In trying to improve-on the playing field, in the office, or even at home-most people seek out new information to get to the next level. They read a book, attend a class, or hire an expert to give them an edge. 

But Alan Fine, an accomplished tennis, golf, and executive coach and a renowned authority on peak performance, believes that this "outside-in" method is precisely what's holding you back from doing your best work. He's found the biggest obstacle to improved performance isn't not knowing what to do; it's thinking too hard about what you already know. The tips and tools designed to help you get ahead can actually interfere with your ability to focus. 

Fine reveals his simple and proven approach to achieving breakthrough performance. It starts with reducing the interference that blocks your potential through an amazing process called G.R.O.W. (Goal, Reality, Options, Way Forward). 

No matter who you are or what you do, You Already Know How to Be Great will help you eliminate what is standing in the way of your goals. (Taken from Goodreads)

Review: I’m not normally one to read self – help books but You Already Know how to be Great looked really good so I thought I’d read it.

I found You Already Know How to be Great to be quite helpful and it had something for everyone.  Being a student I wasn’t sure if I would get much out of it but I did, I now have some tactics to put into practice when I get into stressful situations regarding study next year.

There were so many great quotes from famous people that were only tiny but each one held a certain meaning and they were just really insightful.  They made a nice addition to an already good book.

The diagrams were very interesting and I actually found them to be really eye catching so I found myself reading through the book faster to read all the little grey boxes and interesting diagrams.

Overall, I think that if there was one self-help book that anyone wanted to read in their life then this one would be quite useful.  It isn’t just made for one type of person it’s for several different types of people.  You Already Know How to be Great is definitely a book I’ll be hanging on to, to read in the future when my life situations change.

Source: Inside Out Development for review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!