Friday, December 10, 2010

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Queen


Author: Julie Kagawa


Published: Harlequin Teen, February 2011


Pages: 384


Series: Book 3, The Iron Fey


First Line: "Eleven years ago, on my sixteenth birthday, my father disappeared."


Summary: May Contain Spoilers! My name is Meaghan Chase. 
I thought it was over.That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stay by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. 
This time, there will be no turning back. (Taken from Goodreads)

Review: This is one of the best series’ I have ever read.  The Iron Queen was another exceptional addition to the Iron Fey series and I am totally loving it.

Reading The Iron Queen I felt like Julie Kagawa had weaved some kind of magical spell, a fey spell almost, that sucked me into her world and I felt as though I was a part of it all.  When Meghan felt sad, I felt sad; when everyone was scared about the upcoming battle, I was scared about the upcoming battle.  This book had me sucked right in.  So many times I felt that I was a part of the world.  I loved that I was able to be sucked into the world of the fey.

It was good to see all my favourite characters again, Ash especially.  I also loved how much Meghan had grown by the end of the book.  I found I had a soft spot for Puck by the end of it.  And of course, Grim is my second favourite character, he’s just such a perfect cat that I can’t help but love him.

The only bad thing I have to say about The Iron Queen, is that it made me cry, big time!  It was so sad.  I’m not going to go into detail but oh my goodness, I need the Iron Knight, now!  I’m really looking forward to reading The Iron Knight and I hope that all goes well.

So, if you haven’t read any of The Iron Fey series, then you definitely should.  It just keeps getting better and better and Julie Kagawa is a magnificent author.  The Iron Queen along with its two previous books are books I am going to be recommending to everyone.  Definitely read it!

Source: NetGalley

2 comments:

  1. I've got to check out this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the balance of romance and action was incredible. I liked how Ms. Kagawa used just
    enough romance. There was also some action which tied the whole story together. Such as
    the time that was spent in the Iron Realm, there was suspense and action when they navigate
    through the junk- filled beach and make their way through the storm

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!