Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dead is not an Option by Marlene Perez

Title: Dead is not an Option


Author: Marlene Perez


Published: Graphia, May 2011


Pages: 216


Series: Book 5, Dead Is


First Line: "I was haunting the mailbox."


Summary: May Contain Spoilers! It’s springtime of senior year, and psychic sleuth Daisy Giordano is preparing to say goodbye to Nightshade High. But no college acceptance letters have arrived yet, and she’s beginning to worry about where she’ll end up come fall—and if it will be anywhere near her boyfriend, Ryan. But that’s not the only uncertainty Daisy’s dealing with. There’s a vamps versus shifters war going on in Nightshade, and things are so tense that there is talk of canceling the prom. The conflict is carrying over to the Giordano home, since Rose and Daisy are both dating werewolves and Poppy’s new boyfriend is a vampire.       
 Daisy’s investigations involve mysterious new folks in town—and some old familiar faces, like her nemesis, celebrity chef/sorceress Circe Silvertongue. Can Daisy convince Circe to free the spirit she trapped in a jukebox long ago, and to change her pet pig, Balthazar, back into the man he once was? Can the paranormal community in Nightshade finally find peace? And will Daisy and her friends survive graduation? (Taken from Goodreads)

Review: I absolutely love this series and jumped at the chance to read it.  I was expecting tonnes of mystery and excitement, in this, the final book in the Dead is series.  I was not disappointed that’s for sure.

Dead is not an Option was just as good as the other books in the series and for that I’m glad.  I love how the mysteries are always there and I can usually guess what’s going on about halfway into the story.  I could do that with Dead is not an Option as well but there were still some surprises.

There’s not a lot to say about Dead is not an Option, I see where the title comes from though.  I did enjoy it, and it’s a super fast read, I read it in one sitting and I’m quite a slow reader.

There is one thing I have to say though, at the end, almost everything was tied up.  There was just one thing that they hinted at but didn’t explain and so I’m really annoyed and disappointed at that.  Although, it could possibly be intentional.  I’m not too sure.

Overall, Dead is not an Option was a good ending to the series, full of surprises and fun times.  If you haven’t read this series yet then I suggest you do if you like mysteries with a paranormal setting.

Source: NetGalley

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how you like Fire, I see you're currently reading it.

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am going to read dead is not an option! oh but i enjoy her books i love the romance between daisy and ryan!(to tell u the truth i wish here was more)other than that great! great! great! series until i read this one hahahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow you just spoiled it for yourself then!

      Delete

Comments are always awesome!