Saturday, December 18, 2010

Angelic by Kelley Armstrong

Title: Angelic


Author: Kelley Armstrong


Published: Subterranean Press, 2009


Pages: 98


Series: Special, Women of the Otherworld


First Line: "Everyone needs a vacation now and then and angels are no exception."


Summary: As a half-demon master of the dark arts, Eve Levine isn’t what anyone would call angelic. That’s exactly why the Fates chose her for the job. She’s their secret weapon against the forces of evil. However after five years, Eve is tired of being the designated rebel of the angel corps, expected to break the rules, then penalized for it. When the leaderless djinn stage an uprising, Eve sees the perfect chance to get herself fired. As she plunges deeper into the demon world, though, she realizes she’s in danger of losing a lot more than her job. (Taken from Goodreads)


Review: Angelic is a companion novella in the Otherworld series, so it’s really short and quite a fast read.  I read it, and I’ve never read any of the other books in the series so I don’t think you have to, to fully understand what was going on in the book.


I enjoyed it, I thought it was something different and it had really interesting characters.  So, if you love fantasy with angel/demon type characters then you might enjoy Angelic.

I think that Angelic is a good book to read if you’re looking at starting the Women of the Otherworld series because it provides a good insight into Eve’s world.

While I did enjoy Angelic, I don’t think I’ll be continuing on with the series as I feel like there are other books better suited to me than this one.  If you like fantasy and awesome female characters, then you’ll definitely like this book.

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!