Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Title: The Truth About Forever


Author: Sarah Dessen


Published: Viking, 2004


Buy the book: The Book Depository*


Summary: The summer following her father's death, Macy plans to work at the library and wait for her brainy boyfriend to return from camp, but instead she goes to work at a catering business where she makes new friends and finally faces her grief.


Review: The Truth About Forever is the first book by Sarah Dessen I've ever read.  I found Macy to be a really relatable character as like her, my dad passed away when I was younger. So that was something I felt really close to Macy about.
I hated Jason so much.  I mean, he was the worst boyfriend ever.
I absolutely loved the simplicity of The Truth About Forever because it opens up a story that was entirely relatable and it seemed so much more realistic than a lot of other books.
Sarah Dessen is an amazing author and I look forward to reading more books by her.


*affiliates, when you buy this book we receive a small percentage of the price

3 comments:

  1. absolutely loved this book! sarah dessen is an amazing authro :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several Sarah Dessen books here and I still haven't read any of them! I picked this one up yesterday but then figured I'd better get another review book read first. Hopefully I can get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an awesome book! It tells the story of a girl that takes a job in catering with some inexperienced workers. While spending more time with her new friends, she goes from Little Miss Perfect to a regular teen. Her mom doesn't approve of the change. This book had some slow parts but other than that it was very good! I loved Wes, but thought Jason and Macy's mom were too tight. I hope you enjoy this book, it was well written.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!