Sunday, November 14, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi, of The Story Siren.


This week I got two books, one an ebook for review and the other from the library.


From the library I got:


Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr


Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.
Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.
The tattoo does bring changes; not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils. . . . (Taken from Goodreads)

And for review I got:

Minder by Kate Kaynak


Sixteen-year-old Maddie Dunn is special, but she needs to figure out how to use her new abilities before somebody else gets hurt. Ganzfield is a secret training facility full of people like her, but it's not exactly a nurturing place. Every social interaction carries the threat of mind-control. A stray thought can burn a building to the ground. And people's nightmares don't always stay in their own heads. But it's still better than New Jersey--especially once she meets the man of her dreams...  (Taken from Goodreads)
I've already read it and this book is amazing.  My review will be up on Wednesday if you're interested.

And that was my week in the way of books.  Can't wait to see what everyone else got.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed Minder- it is one of my favorites. I will keep my eye out for your review. Happy reading and have a great rest of the weekend!
    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ink Exchange sounds very intriguing. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose two good ones. I enjoyed both of those. I have the sequel to Minder on my Kindle but haven't had a chance to read it yet. My YA mailbox is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your books look great! I have Ink Exchange on my wishlist, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!