Monday, November 15, 2010

Halfway Through November: My NaNo update

So this is my halfway through NaNo post and basically, I drafted this every day at the end of the day I did a little update with the day number, my word count and the songs I was listening to while writing.  I wrote a little description about how things were going for me too.  The playlist for each day kind of relates to the story a bit too.


Day 1: Started out with the idea to write a story about a guy and girl best friend and the girl thinks she's being stalked.  Later on the girl disappears and her best friend decides to find her.  Now it's a cheesy slasher about a couple of best friends who decide to use the fact there is a serial killer on the loose to their advantage.
Word Count: 1776
Play List: Alice Cooper - No More Mr Nice Guy
Sting & The Police - Every Breath You Take
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Faith Hill - There You'll Be
Guns N Roses - Used to Love Her


Day 2: Had some good ideas for what to write about today.  Started working them into the story.  Got a little stuck on chapter three because thats a part where it's a different perspective and I have some idea about how to work it into the story but not 100%.
Word count: 4174
Play List: Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
Radiohead - Creep
3 Doors Down - Loser
Skid Row - 18 N Life
Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me


Day 3: I just went with it today and I started off not entirely sure how to get to where I was going but I got there and today went really well for me too.  I can't help but wonder if there'll be a place where I'm going to get majorly stuck because everything is going fine so far.
Word Count: 6165
Play List: Nothing today really.


Day 4: I started off not wanting to write just because I really couldn't be bothered.  I ended up starting off slowly and just kept writing.  Which is great because that's getting more words down and more story out.  I'm winging it for the most part and I'm just writing where the characters want me to go really.  It's really fun and I'm glad that I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo because it is really awesome.
Word Count: 10,255
Playlist: Blondie - One Way or Another
Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
Michelle Branch - Goodbye to you
Our Lady Peace - Innocent
The Rasmus - In the Shadows


Day 5:  I wasn't going to do any writing today because I had other stuff to do and I'd done a lot yesterday, but I ended up having a go seeing as how I was a little stuck on where to go from where I'd left my characters.  I'm finding that listening to music really helps me get into the mood of writing and is just really awesome.  I felt like listening to a lot of Aerosmith today as I was writing so that's what I did.  I found it helped me to get motivated.
Word Count: 13,700
PlayList: Aerosmith - Hole in My Soul
Aerosmith - Crazy
Aerosmith - Livin' on the Edge
Katy Perry - Circle the Drain
Aerosmith - Janie's Got a Gun
Aerosmith - Jaded


Day Six: Today I didn't feel like writing, but I sat down with my laptop at 11 at night and started to do some writing. I felt that I needed to get something done today.  I started to listen to some bouncy music to try and get myself into the mood to write, unfortunately I had a headache so writing was difficult.
Word Count: 15,480
Playlist: Bryan Adams - We're Gonna Win
Katy Perry - Circle the Drain
Katy Perry - Firework


Day Seven: One week down and I feel like I am on fire, I'm doing really well with my word count.  In my mind anyway.  I didn't feel like listening to any music while writing today but that was cool.  I still did some writing which is always good.
Word Count: 17,374


Day Eight:  I couldn't even be bothered writing today.  Mostly because I'm reading a really awesome book, which once I finish will have a review posted. And also because in my personal life I had something sad happen. But I am going to aim to be halfway done by Wednesday (day 10) so I thought I'd better do some writing. I didn't do much, but I did some so thats alright.
Word Count: 17,483


Day Nine: I was hoping to aim for 20,000 words today.  But at the same time I'm a little sad as my cat (the one who is the header of the blog) has been missing since Thursday and things don't look so good in that department.  However, to distract myself from missing Pan I tried to immerse myself in my writing. As far as playlist goes, I listened to a mixture of songs related to my story and sad songs because when I'm in a sad state of mind I like to listen to sad songs.  But I made it to my goal for today which is really good, and makes me feel a lot better at how my story is going.  I'm really loving NaNo and hopefully tomorrow I'll reach 25,000 words.
Word Count: 20,325
Playlist: Air Supply - Without You
The Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
The Carpenters - Top of the World
The Carpenters - Please Mr Postman
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
The Rasmus - In My Life
Maroon 5 - She Will be Loved
The Pierces - Secret


Day Ten: Today was awesome.  My cat showed up and I was so happy.  My goal for today was 25,000 words, so I had to write about 5000 words today.  To get into the mood of my story I listened to music that related to my story.  So it's a bit of a weird mixture.  But I made it to 25,000 words so I'm halfway there which is definitely cause for celebrating.
Word Count: 25,013
Playlist: Emily Osment - Once Upon A Dream
Metallica - Die die my Darling


Day Eleven:  I'm really enjoying myself now and I really like where my story is headed and I'm really getting into the heads of the characters and figuring out how they work and everything like that, it's pretty awesome.  I started out today thinking, I wrote so much yesterday, I can't be bothered writing anything today, but I surprised myself and once I started writing my fingers just kept going and churned out more words. I'm finding listening to songs that relate to the story really help me get through writing.
Word Count: 28,098
Playlist: Cradle of Filth - Forgive me Father
Katy Perry - Circle the Drain
The Police - Murder by Numbers
The Doors - People Are Strange


Day Twelve: It was too hot today and I am reading a really amazing book at the moment.  I sat down for about an hour and a half and forced myself to write though.  I managed to get quite a bit of writing done so I'm happy with that.
Word Count: 30,067


Day Thirteen: It was another melting hot day today and I was more in a mood for reading so I didn't really do much writing today. I think the thing that motivates me to write each day is when I click on the Nano Stats tab it tells me how many words I have left to write before I get to 1667 for the day. Unfortunately, I barely wrote anything today but that's ok, maybe tomorrow will be better.
Word Count: 30,198
Playlist: Katy Perry - Not like the Movies
Zowie - Broken Machine


Day Fourteen: I was really not in the mood to do any writing today but I hadn't written much at all yesterday so I sat down and forced myself to write.  It was quite hard at first because I'd hit a patch where I wasn't sure where to go from there but I found that once I started writing I couldn't stop and I managed to write about 5000 words which is awesome.
Word Count: 35,370

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!