Tuesday, October 26, 2010

But Then Again I Could be Wrong by Jim Rising

Title: But Then Again I Could Be Wrong : The Book of Rants

Author: Jim Rising

Published: Tribute books, 2007

Buy The Book: The Book Depository*

Summary: Gee ... I always wanted to write a book. I never thought I would but then again I could be wrong. Here is a collection of some of the past few years rants as broadcast on WDMT 102.3 The Mountain as part of my show Rising at Ten.

Review: This book was so good. I thought it would be alright but nope it was soo good. Jim Rising has got to be one of the coolest guys around.

The books is short but it is full of humour.

I found Jim Rising to be a fascinating guy and his book is pure genius. There's little else I can say about the book. Definitely check it out.

*affiliates, when you buy this book we receive a small percentage of the book
**Originally posted at http://scarlettfromtheheart.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Your review makes it sound good. The blurb is quite short so I don't really get a fel for the book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - here's a preview of the book's topics:

    So the biggest news according to a local newspaper is that there will be beer to drink in Kirby Park during the Fourth of July holiday.

    It's a rare motorist in northeast Pennsylvania who hasn't had an encounter with a deer.

    Parking lots shouldn't cause your blood pressure to rise.

    Sometimes you have to wonder about the thought processes that go on in our rulers' minds.

    We knew were in trouble when the two truckloads of huskies passed us.

    Whoever said that a man's home is his castle hasn't been in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania lately.

    Why is it that some guys insist on calling you nicknames?

    With all due apologies to the hundreds of restaurants in the area that serve buffets - I can't stomach it.

    Although my physique doesn't show it I have spent much of my adult life in one gym or another.

    I know more about the guy, sitting across from me at lunch the other day, then I want to.

    I hope that helps!

    You can also preview a sample of the book at:
    http://tribute-books.com/shop.html#humor1

    Best wishes,
    Nicole
    Tribute Books

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!