Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Title: Vampire Academy


Author: Richelle Mead


Published: RazorBill, 2007


Pages: 332


Series: Book 1, Vampire Academy


Snippet: "Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies."


Summary: St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger. . . .

Review:
Rebecca: It took me a really long time to get around to reading Vampire Academy but I'm really glad I did in the end.  I think what stopped me from reading it was that I didn't really like the cover that much.


Scarlett: I agree the cover isn't too much to look at, but Rose is definitely one awesome character.  And Lissa, she's so cool.  Both girls were definitely my favourites.


I like Rose, she was pretty kick-ass but Lissa I didn't like so much.  I did think that Christian and Dimitri were pretty cool too.  Those three were my favourite characters.


Oh yeah, Christian was so sweet in a mysterious kind of way, I hope he's in the next book, I really want to know more about him!


I also loved how the vampire thing was done, it was just really different to other vampire stories that I was completely sucked in.


It was definitely an addictive read, I only wish I'd read it sooner so I could be further ahead in the series by now.


The ending was awesome too, I was quite shocked by who the bad guy was.


I agree completely.  Vampire Academy is definitely a book to read for it is awesome.


Vampire Academy is not to be missed.


Source: Own book

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this was a timely review for me! I've just picked up Vampire Academy from the library and I'm wondering whether it'll be a worthwhile read...

    Oh, and this is the first time I've visited your blog. I love your review style, by the way--so unique. I haven't read reviews like that before.

    Anyway, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review-- just think though, one advantage to reading late, is that you almost have the whole series already released.

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed! love VA. i really want it to become a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised by how much I liked this book. So much so, that I bought the other books in the series, but haven't had a chance to read them yet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!