Monday, July 12, 2010

Wind-back review: Protector of the Small

This weeks wind-back review is about the Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce.


First Test
The reason I first decided to pick up this series is because I read a description of the book that mentioned the character Alanna from the Song of the Lioness quartet and I truly love Alanna. First Test didn't have too much Alanna but I did find Kel's story just as interesting as Alanna's.  There was just one thing though, I think I would have enjoyed the books even more if I had read the Immortal's series first because First Test has the characters and some of the story is from the Immortals quartet. But First Test is an amazing read and I loved it.

Page
As far as sequels go, Page was really cool.  I love the whole theme of the book about this girl who struggles to become a knight when there are so many people against the fact that she's a girl.  I love Kel, she just seems so stubborn and she doesn't give up! It's good to see a female character who is quite strong.  The animal part is really interesting too.

Squire
I liked Squire, I didn't like it as much as the other two books in the series but I still liked it a lot.  I love the world that Tamora Pierce creates and I love watching Kel grow up.  The romance in this book had me a little sad, just at some points anyway.  I won't go into it but I felt quite strongly about some of the things in the book.

Lady Knight
I quite enjoyed Lady Knight but at times I found it a little boring and I had to force myself through those bits.  But it was a satisfying end to an awesome series.  I loved Kel and I loved the Protector of the Small series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!