Sunday, July 4, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren.

So this week I got a couple of shiny new books because it was my birthday on Thursday so the books I got were:

My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey


The Blakes are rather different to your usual neighbours. They are vampires and some of the members of the family date back to the twelfth century. One of the children, Solange, is the only born female vampire known and, as such, she poses a direct threat to the vampire queen. Her best friend Lucy is human, and when Solange is kidnapped Lucy and Solange's brother, Nicholas, set out to save her. Lucy soon discovers that she would like to be more than just friends with Nicholas. But how does one go about dating a vampire? Meanwhile, Solange finds an unlikely ally in Kieran, a vampire slayer on the hunt for his father's killer. (Taken from Goodreads)

and the other book I got was:

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer



Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood... life before she became a vampire. 
All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself and, above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out. 
Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as "her". As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagined, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trus. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth? (Taken from Goodreads)


So I ended up being given books with a vampire theme, which is pretty cool.  Can't wait to see what everyone else got.

14 comments:

  1. I recently read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. It was pretty good. I think that it amped me up even more to see Eclipse. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The awesomeness that is the vampires - I loved both of these. Hope you enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mailbox! I have read both of the books and enjoyed them. Each book looks at vampires differently. I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Harvey's books and hope the Meyer one is good. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping to get The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner soon. I hope you enjoy reading what you got this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got My Love Lies Bleeding! It's a great little book, and I love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have been happy to get these 2 my own self. My Mailbox

    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. great books! hope you enjoy them both! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww happy belated birthday! :)

    My love lies bleeding looks and sounds amazing!

    Hope you had a great birthday and enjoy those!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. first, happy b-day!!

    Enjoy your books!

    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good books this week!! :) Enjoy!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday! You got some really awesome books for presents :D Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Great books! Looking forward to your reviews.
    These are the ones we got this week: Vlog
    Take care!
    Vanessa
    Book ♥ Soulmates

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!