Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dark Days by Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith

Title: Dark Days


Author: Steve Niles


Illustrator: Ben Templesmith


Published: San Diego : IDW Pub., 2004


Pages: 135


Series: Book 2, 30 Days of Night


Summary: The action shifts from Barrow, Alaska to LA, as Stella Olemaun, her life forever altered by the vampire's assault, rededicates herself to wiping out vampires and alerting the world to their shadowed existence. (Taken from Christchurch City Libraries Website)


Review: Dark Days picks up pretty much where the first book finished. So that was one thing I really liked, because it had the last two pages of the first book as a starting point.  It was good because once it had done that there were no more flashbacks or dwelling on the previous story because from there on it was moving forwards all the way.


I think I liked this one better than the first because there was more of a story and not just guessing in it.  It had more character development too, which I don't usually go for but this time I really liked it because it gave the book substance.


The illustrations were all really good although sometimes I thought some of the people looked the same as others so it was hard to tell who was who.


I think the best part of the book was the ending.  It was just really really awesome.  I'll be interested to see what comes next.


I'll be really interested in seeing what the third book is like.  But Dark Days is definitely a good graphic novel to read if you like vampires.  Just make sure you read the first book first.


Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!