Sunday, April 18, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.

This week I paid a visit to the library, and I wasn't expecting to get any books out but I ended up getting out two books.  They are:

Valiant by Holly Black



Seventeen-year-old Valerie Russell runs away to New York City and takes up with a gang of squatters who live in the subway system and have dealings with mysterious creatures.


Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith


When Miranda's guardian angel Zachary recklessly saves her from falling into an open grave and dying, the result is that she turns into a vampire and he is left to try to reinstate his reputation by finally doing the right thing.



And that was my week in the way of books, can't wait to see what everyone else got.

10 comments:

  1. Both of these look really good - I hope you enjoy them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the paperback of Eternal? I've never seen that cover before!
    I really liked it. It was really different from other vampire books.
    I haven't read Valiant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the UK paperback cover for Eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the holly black series!! eternal looks really good too, love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha.... I started reading Eternal when it first came out and I didnt really like it. I hope you have a better opinion. I borrowed mine from the library too.

    If you do a review of it could you send me a link. I;d love to see if I missed anything good. I stopped about a third in!=)

    Have a great week.

    HEre is my IMM:
    http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these have very eye-catching covers, and sound good too. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man I love the Sammy Yuen covers for Holly Black's books. His original covers are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of Eternal but I love the cover. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the cover of Valiant. Sounds very intriguing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!