Sunday, April 11, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.

So I haven't done an IMM post for ages but I didn't get anything last week so i'll just share what I got this week which was one book from the library and that is:

Youth In Revolt by C.D Payne



Told as the diary of an oversexed 14-year-old, this three-part comic-novel deals with the usual adolescent bugbears: divorced parents, rebellion, virginity. Set in the cultural wasteland of trailer-park northern California, the episodic plot involves arson, car theft, police brutality and more. Nick tries to win an even more precocious girl his age, Sheeni Saunders, by means of allusive letters and screwball schemes which eventually backfire.


And that was it for my week, can't wait to see what everyone else got.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about this one. Hope you enjoy it & looking forward to your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the movie version with Michael Cera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youth In Revolt! I love Michael Cera more than I can tell you, but the movie really doesn't look that great to me. The book sounds fabulous though. Can't wait for your review! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds like it could be good. I'll be eager to hear what you think of it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great. Have fun reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!