Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Secret Year

Title: The Secret Year


Author: Jennifer R. Hubbard


Published: New York : Viking, 2010


Pages: 192


Snippet: "Sometimes I couldn't believe I'd had any other life besides reading a dead girl's words and watching rain beat brown leaves off the trees."


Summary: Reading the journal of the high-society girl he was secretly involved with for a year helps high school senior Colt cope with her death and come closer to understanding why she needed him while continuing to be the girlfriend of a wealthy classmate.


Review: The Secret Year is a truly amazing story.  It's quite short which is both good and bad.  It's good because it's easy to read in one sitting which is needed because it is addictive.  I found myself wanting to know more and more and more.  It's also bad because it ends, and I wasn't ready for The Secret Year to end, but it did.


Usually when I read a book I find one or two quotes that I think are written really well and are either suspenseful or just really nice quotes.  As I was reading The Secret Year I found so many quotes that were brilliant.  Jennifer Hubbard is one of the best writer's I have read for 2010, she truly is amazing and I commend her for writing The Secret Year.


Emotions run high when reading The Secret Year.  I felt so sad for Colt, I was mad at times too.  More at the way that people treated Colt or reacted to certain things.


The ending was really well-done too.  I was actually surprised when the book ended but at the same time I felt it was wrapped up nicely and left me feeling a little sad.


The Secret Year will blow your mind. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you go out and read it now.  The Secret Year is a book that is not to be missed!


Source: Library

5 comments:

  1. Great review for a wonderful book! I havent read it, but I have it on my tbr list. I am so loving the cover of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading this book. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read this and loved it. I was anxiously waiting it release. I agree, it felt like it ended too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard lots of good things about this one too!
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted
    at this web site is genuinely good.
    Also visit my web-site ; weight loss exercises

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!