Saturday, January 23, 2010

While I Live by John Marsden

Title: While I Live

Author: John Marsden

Published: Sydney : Macmillan, 2003

Pages: 300

Series: Book 1, The Ellie Chronicles

Snippet: 'I think that was one of the effects the murders had on me.'

Summary:
For Ellie Linton, being back on the farm with her parents is what makes the terrible things that happened during the war -- the things she, Homer, Lee, Fi, and the others had to do -- all worthwhile. It's where she belongs.
But the war won't let her go. A devastating tragedy has shattered any hope she ever had to reclaim her life, or herself. It's a new kind of fight. And the enemy isn't always from the other side of the border.

Review: When I read the Tomorrow series by John Marsden I really loved them. Then when I found out there was a series set after the Tomorrow series I was very excited because I did like this series. So when I finally read the first one I thought it was alright.

One thing I didn't think was so great was that none of my favourite characters except for Ellie were in it but there's a good reason for that.

While I did find it really interesting and I thought it was great how the book got straight into the action I did find it a bit dry in places and there was one part of the story where Ellie was thinking about her parents that I found a bit odd.

However, I loved how it talked about the aftereffects of the war.

This is a trilogy so I'll definitely be picking up the next two books in the series because I'm curious as to what can happen in those two.

Source: Library

4 comments:

  1. I've got the Tomorrow Series on my list. I may be adding those to the TBR pile...do you think it's worth my limited budget?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tomorrow Series is definitely worth it, they're excellent. My favourite is the fifth one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cover. Beautifulbeautifulbeautiful cover. This book sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. If the books are at my library I probably would read them, but I dont think they are so I just am going to love them true your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!