Monday, January 18, 2010

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Title: Pretty Little Liars

Author: Sara Shepard

Published: New York : HarperTempest, c2006

Pages: 286

Series: Book 1, Pretty Little Liars

Snippet: "I'm still here bitches. And I know everything. -A."

Summary: Everyone has something to hide- especially high school juniors Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna. Spencer covets her sister's boyfriend. Aria's fantasizing about her English teacher. Emily's crushing on the new girl at school. Hanna uses some ugly tricks to stay beautiful. But they've all kept an even bigger secret since their friend Alison vanished. How do I know? Because I know everything about the bad girls they were, the naughty girls they are, and all the dirty secrets they've kept. And guess what? I'm telling.

Review: I wasn't really sure if Pretty Little Liars would be my type of book at first but it sounded really interesting so I gave it a go and all I can say is that I found myself quite addicted.

I was flicking through this book quite fast because I really wanted to know more about all the girls and I wanted to know more about Alison's disappearance and who the elusive A is.

While there was one resolve that opened up more questions I find myself wondering just what is going to happen next.

There's not a lot I have to say about Pretty Little Liars other than it was a very exciting start to what I hope will be a great series and I cannot wait to read the next book.

Source: Library

11 comments:

  1. I've only read this book in the series. I really loved it. I didn't think it would be my sort of read either but it was great. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get round to reading this series. It's right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series a lot, so I hope you continue to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series is totally addicting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this book. And ofcourse the cover is so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hrm, I've sort of had my eye on this one. Like you, I wasn't sure if it would be my type of book. It seems kind of Gossip Girl-esque but a lot more intense. Your review has convinced me to give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cover-is that your cat-if so you should participate in Weekend Cat Blogging here is my weekend post: http://chocolateandcroissants.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html#1508315459863573751

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not so sure if I would like this series (the cover kinda turns me off) but... I dunno.... I might be a try :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just started this series a few months ago and I've read the first two books. They're pretty good! I don't like the covers but the actual stories are surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. to the person who said ''the cover turns me off'
    havent you ever heard of the saying '' don't judge a book by it's cover' ?! these books are absolutely amazing, i read all of them, PLL, flawless, perfect, unbelievable,wicked,killer, heartless, and im waiting for wanted! :) these books are super addictive and i reccomend them to everyone and anyone who loves books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is important because if you decide to pursue a physical therapist program, so that you don't have to start all over again. Moreover, once you start disliking your partner, even the smallest of their mistakes seem blunders to you and ultimately it would led to differences between both of you. People are becoming conscious of staying physically fit; also leniency in reimbursement restriction is resulting in services being available to more people.
    my page - signs and symptoms of manic depression

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!