Sunday, January 31, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.

Last week I had a really quiet week in the way of books and this week definitely made up for that.

I got two books in the mail. One that I got as a late Christmas Present which is:

The Hollow by Jessica Verday

When Abbey’s best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, everyone else is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead…and rumors fly that her death was no accident. Abbey has never felt so desperately alone. Then she meets Caspian, the gorgeous and mysterious boy who shows up out of nowhere at Kristen’s funeral, and keeps reappearing in Abbey’s life. Caspian clearly has secrets of his own, but he’s the only person who makes Abbey feel normal again...but also special.


I also got a book that I won in a contest from Kristen at Bookworming in the 21st Century and it is:

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain



Grace Divine, daughter of the local pastor, always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared--the night she found her brother Jude collapsed on the porch, covered in his own blood--but she has no idea what a truly monstrous secret that night held.

I also got a few books from the library. I went a little crazy at the library. ADVANCED WARNING: Some of the descriptions may contain spoilers.

And they are:

Flawless by Sara Shepard


The four bad girls at the heart of the Pretty Little Liars series are no strangers to trouble. Now in this second title, someone named RAS is taunting them with words that could bury the girls alive with the truth.

Unbelievable by Sara Shepard

Four girls living in a wealthy suburb discover the identity of a stalker who has been sending them shocking text messages, and uncover the mystery of who killed their childhood friend.


Perfect by Sara Shepard

After their missing friend's body is found and another of their friends commits suicide, four former best friends live in fear of their secrets being exposed by someone who is stalking them via their cell phones.


Wicked by Sara Shepard

The stalker's identity has finally been revealed but high school juniors Spencer, Emily, Hanna, and Aria seem condemned to repeat the past as they resume their unrepentant ways.


I also got something else in the mail, something bookish but I can't disclose what it was yet because it is for something coming up later.

And that was my week. Can't wait to see what everybody else got.

30 comments:

  1. Great books that you got at the library! i LIKE the covers of the Pretty Little Liars series.

    I also got The Hollow by Jessica Verday, well actuaylly I wont that one. Am in the middle of reading it. Very good so far.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the Hollow and The Dark Divine Great great books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about the Pretty Little Liars series but not read any of them so I'll be looking forward to your reviews. I really want to read The Dark Divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your books look fantastic - The Hollow and The Dark Divine are two I would love to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The covers and summaries of The Pretty Little Liars series look and sound good. I'll be waiting for your reviews. I wonder if they would be good for my HS Media Center.

    I have The Dark Divine still sitting on my TBR stack. Other books keep getting set on top of it.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week! I can't wait to read The Hollow or The Dark Divine either! I hope you enjoy your books!

    I have a contest running on my blog right now for the book Break by Hannah Moskowitz. Feel free to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Hollow sounds really good. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cover of The Hollow!

    Gosh the fact that you went to the library makes me want to go. I haven't been in a while because I just don't have time to read my own books and deadlines will just not work for me unless they have to do with school or work :(

    Enjoy your books!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got a few Sara Shephard books to get through, I'm quite curious about these books but the reviews always tend to turn me away.

    Check out what was in my mailbox this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great pile of books - have fun reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How funny, I bought the Hollow, Dark Devine and the Pretty Little Liars series! LOL

    Here's mine: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/special-imm-1-31-10.html

    Have a great first week of February!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Hollow and The Dark Devine both look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can not wait to read The Hollow.. I totally forgot about this book, glad that I checked out your mailbox, now I can add it to my Wish list.

    Just a heads up, I am doing a PLL challenge on my blog with some great prizes! You can find the link in my todays Mailbox!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Secret bookish things in the mail?! I want to know! :)

    I like that cover of The Hollow, it's very pretty. I have the other cover with the girl.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look like great reads! I have read many good reviews of The Dark Divine. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... What a great haul! The Dark Divine is in my TBR!! I cant wait to read your thoughts!!

    http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you enjoy The Dark Divine. I loved it!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooooo Dark Divine was really good, and I still need to read The Hollow. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been wanting to read The Dark Divine. The Hollow looks good also-I like the cover. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Dark Divine is a amazing book :) Enjoy!! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots of great books this week! I still haven't read The Hollow, so I'll have to check back for the review. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  22. oooh, The Dark Divine! Lucky! I've been pining for that one for so long :) Enjoy it and your other books!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've got some great books here. I really want to read Dark Divine. Enjoy your books and thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never heard of The Hollow, but it sounds interesting. Looking forward to reading your review of it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Hollow has been sitting on my bookshelf forever! Let us know what you think :)

    I'm still waiting to get The Dark Divine, as my local bookstores don't have it in stock :S

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay for The Pretty Little Liars books! I heart that series. Happy reading. =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Had to skip over the descriptions for the Pretty Little Liars series, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed "The Dark Divine" -- it was so good!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Dark Divine is simply wonderful - I hope you like it! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!