Sunday, January 10, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.

This week I got two books. The first one came in the mail for review which is:

The Green Bronze Mirror by Lynne Ellison


Karen is playing on the beach when she finds a ancient mirror buried in the sand. She looks into it, and is transported back in time to the Roman empire. Finding herself a slave, she faces many hair-raising adventures in her struggle to return to her own time.


Then I got a book from the library which was:

Tempted by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast


Zoey needs a break after some serious excitement. Sadly, the House of Night school for vampyres doesn't feature breaks on its curriculum - even for a High Priestess in training and her gang. Plus juggling three guys is no stress reliever, especially when one is a sexy Warrior so into protecting Zoey that he's sensing her emotions. Wider stresses lurk too, and the dark force in Tulsa's tunnels is spreading. Could Stevie Rae be responsible for more than a group of misfit fledglings? And Aphrodite's visions warn Zoey to stay away from the immortal Kalona and his dark allure - but they also show that only Zoey can stop him. She's not exactly keen to meet up, but if Zoey doesn't go to Kalona he'll exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her. She just has to find the courage to do what's necessary, or everything that's important to her will be destroyed.

And that is what I got this week in the way of books.

17 comments:

  1. I've heard this one is really good. I hope you enjoy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of these... two very different books. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have won the green bronze mirror, but havent received it yet. I am so curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sound pretty good! I haven't heard of the GBM until now, but it sounds like an interesting story. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempted doesn't really look like my type of book, but The Green Bronze Mirror sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tempted looks great! I've only read Marked, though. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely books, The Green Bronze Mirror looks really fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tempted was a great addition to the series. I can't wait for the next one. The Green Bronze Mirror sounds like it would be an excellent Middle School title. Do you know what the publication date will be?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got The Green Bronze Mirror too. It looks interesting. I'm reading The House of the Night series, but I'm not to Tempted yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of The Green Bronze Mirror, and I look forward to hearing more about it. Happy reading!

    My post is here: When the Apocalypse Comes Nobody's Going to Be Punctuating

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books!

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-11010.html

    Take care! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I've heard of The Green Bronze Mirror, looks so good! Enjoy.
    Alayne
    The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books!! I haven't started the House of Night series yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I love that cover of Tempted! :) I hope we both enjoy it.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great books! I hope you like them. :) I have Tempted as well but haven't read it yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the House of Night series but haven't read Tempted yet so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!