Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Screaming Tree by Tom Bradley

Title: The Screaming Tree

Author: Tom Bradley

Published: Auckland : HarperCollins, 1994

Pages: 116

Snippet: "I swear to you Karla, that blade went right into his back."

Summary: Brent Nichol, 16, often hears screaming in his head. When he goes to stay with his secretive grandfather and finds an old trunk in a lake, he discovers the terrifying source of the screaming.

Review: What started out as a really interesting read slowly petered out into a very fast-moving but boring story. From the cover and the summary I thought this would be a really creepy story that would have me on the edge of my seat but no.

I struggled to finish it to be honest because the ending was so rushed I felt like I missed a whole chunk. I think the story should've been longer and offered more of an explanation.

Unfortunately I can't think of much to say about this book thats positive. I was just slightly disappointed with The Screaming Tree.

All I can say is, it's a shame because the book did have a lot of potential.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad it wasn't at all scary. I saw the cover and inmediatley thought it would be! :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!