Monday, November 16, 2009

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

Title: The Princess Diaries

Author: Meg Cabot

Series: Book 1, The Princess Diaries

Published: New York : HarperCollins, c2000

Pages: 238

Summary: Fourteen-year-old Mia, who is trying to lead a normal life as a teenage girl in New York City, is shocked to learn that her father is the Prince of Genovia, a small European principality, and that she is a princess and the heir to the throne.

Review: I actually really enjoyed The Princess Diaries which I wasn't sure if I would have because I remember seeing the movie and thinking it was alright.

I have to say that The Princess Diaries book is actually quite different to the movie.

I really liked it though. I liked Mia and felt bad for her because she was picked on. Lana was such a meanie.

I wasn't really sure how to feel about Mia's Grandmother. Sometimes she was nice and sometimes she wasn't very nice. I guess I will have to read more of the books to see how she develops as a person.

One thing that kind of annoyed me was that because I'd seen the movie I knew bits that happened in the book but it didn't stop me from enjoying the book.

Overall, I really enjoyed The Princess Diaries. I liked most of the characters as they were pretty cool. It was a really good, light read. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series.


8 comments:

  1. I liked the movie better, but the books are still funny! I stopped after reading the 3rd though, and need to start back up again! Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite series of all time. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was so sad when I finished the last book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Meg Cabot, and the books are funny. I loved the movie, which was obviously a bit different from the original series. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the movie, but the books are quite different in many respects.

    I enjoyed the books, as well, but I've only made it about half-way and should really get going to finish the rest, I guess. I used to be caught up and then just got distracted and never made it back.

    Thanks for the reminder! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your header. I have a black kitty as well. Her name is Zoey.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca! I just found your blog today and really enjoyed your posts--you read a lot of the same books I do. I bought this book because everyone loves it--but then I saw the movie and wasn't impressed so I haven't read it. But I guess I'll give it a chance now, so thanks! Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi and I hope you don't mind that I'm following your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. of the series, this was the one i liked the best.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!