Saturday, November 14, 2009

Geektastic: Stories From the Nerd Herd

Title: Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd

Edited: Holly Black and Cecil Castellucci

Contributors: Holly Black, Cecil Castellucci, Tracy Lynn, Scott Westerfeld, Cassandra Clare, M. T. Anderson, Cynthia and Greg Leitich Smith, David Levithan, Garth Nix, Lisa Yee, Kelly Link, John Green, Barry Lyga, Sara Zarr, Wendy Mass, Libba Bray, Bryan Lee O'Malley, Hope Larson

Published: New York : Little, Brown and Company, c2009

Pages: 403

Summary: A collection of twenty-nine short stories about geeks.

Review: I'm not usually one to read short stories very often. But I saw this one at the library and thought why not try something like this. So I did and this book is so cool.

Basically, it's a bunch of stories all about nerdy things. Some of them I could relate to because they were things I was interested in and loved. But some of them I wasn't that interested in and some I just didn't really like very much.

There are also some really cool comics related to nerdy things too. I found them to be really funny.

I do indeed have some favourite stories. Those would be the last three because I loved dinosaurs and I love astronomy and the Rocky Horror Picture Show which are what the three stories were about.

Also, while there is the main theme of nerdiness some of the stories also had other themes in there as well.

Overall, Geektastic is indeed Geektastic. It is a very cool story anthology. I also found it to be a really good way of finding new authors to read books of. I was impressed by most of the authors whose stories were in there. So definitely check it out because it is a really good book.


3 comments:

  1. Great review. I did not realize they were short stories. Sounds like a good laugh.
    Thanks.
    Elie (Ellz Readz). I love your blog by the way. Stop by and enter my giveaways!

    http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun book! By the way, that cat in your pictures is SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i will. didn't realize what a great lineup of authors there were in this. thanks for listing them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!