Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bookish Webs

If you're anything like me then you'll love looking at different websites that are about books. I love reading book blogs, but I also like to look out for other bookish websites. That is why I have created this meme type of thing where on the second Wednesday of every month I'll feature a bookish web that you may like to go to or you may already know about.

Today I am going to talk about Goodreads. I've taken a couple of screenshots to show you a couple of features.


What is Goodreads?
Basically, Goodreads is a website all about books. You can look at other people's shelves and read their ratings and reviews for books. You can create your own shelves and add any books you have read, want to read and are currently reading.

Who can join Goodreads?
Anyone with an email address can join Goodreads.


What are some cool things about Goodreads?
There are contests for winning books. When you sign up you put in your country and goodreads comes up with all the giveaways for your country.
You can have friends and use goodreads as a way to see what they're reading too.
There are a lot of authors on goodreads so you can keep track of them and see what books they're bringing out.
There are trivia questions for most books. You can also add your own.


I have been a member of Goodreads for a few months. The last two months have I really been hooked on it. If you want to befriend me my page is here.

One thing I love about Goodreads is that it has so many books and so many versions of books. Out of curiosity I even looked up a couple of my textbooks and they were even there. I definitely think that Goodreads is a good website to go to if you love books.


For more information on Goodreads or to sign up you can go
here.

This was the first one of my Bookish Webs posts. If you have any ideas of websites you'd like me to feature let me know by dropping a comment or emailing me at everythingtodowithbooks@gmail.com
Also, let me know what you think of this, if you like it or not.

4 comments:

  1. I very much like this idea! I look forward to your other meme posts! :) Plus, I requested you as a friend on GoodReads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cool idea. :)

    I have been using Goodreads for a while now (I started on Shelfari but found it too clunky and soon moved to GR) and really liked it.

    And like Miss Remmers I requested your friendship, fellow kiwi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I am in love with goodreads.com. I have made some excellent friends there, and love to just discuss books on there for hours.

    I have requested your friendship :-)

    And yes, this feature is fab, keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love GoodReads! I also use LibraryThing and Shelfari, but GoodReads is my favorite! Can't wait to see what other bookish sites you discover! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!