Thursday, November 12, 2009

98 Days of Summer Contest



Yes you read the title right. As of today I have 98 days of freedom. Excluding a few days because my counting wasn't completely accurate. Anyway, now I am here to announce the third contest that I am having here at my blog.

So, I have 98 days of summer and as well as reading books I'd like some other things to do. They can be challenges, they can be relaxing things. All in all they can be absolutely anything as long as they're not impossible and can be done in one day.

Now, here is where the contest information comes into being.

Over the 98 days I will be holding this contest. So the contest ends 27 January 2010 at midnight GMT +12. It's a long time I know but it is completely beneficial to all.

The Rules:
  1. You must fill out the form below or email me giving me one activity to do for one of the 98 days of summer. It can be anything, but anything I consider inappropriate will not count towards an entry.
  2. You must include an email address with your entry
  3. Keep an eye out for things on my blog that may contain ways of getting extra entries
  4. This contest is only open to everyone
  5. At the bottom of this page is a couple of ways of obtaining extra entries
  6. One entry per person
  7. Try to make them as original and creative and fun as you can
  8. If you can't fill in the form but want to enter you can email me at everythingtodowithbooks@gmail.com
  9. As this is a contest in celebration of my reaching 100 followers too, extra points are awarded. See below.
Extra entries:
+1 if you give another activity (limit of 3 activities per person)
+3 if I do your suggestion
+5 if you were originally a follower/subscriber
+3 if you become one
+1 For posting/talking about this contest on a blog or twitter
+1 For commenting on one of my reviews posted between now and 18 February (you can do this for as many of the reviews as you like, I'll check who comments and is entered.)

By now you're probably getting agitated in thinking "yes but what will I win" Well now I will tell you. One lucky winner will get to pick one book from the list below. The more I read, the more will be added. If I get enough entries, say 98 then I will add another winner. And then I will add another winner after every 50 entrants.

The book list:
The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
Tietam Brown by Mick Foley
Faces in the Fire by T.S Hines
Fearless by Max Lucado
Outside Permission by Eleanor Nilsson
Misspent Youth by Peter F. Hamilton
Diaspora by Greg Egan
The Courtship Gift by Julie Parsons
The Secrets of Jin-Shei by Alma Alexander
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Realms of the Gods by Tamora Pierce

And I think that is all so what are you waiting for, enter using the form below:


7 comments:

  1. That was a fun idea! I hope yo are getting wonderful suggestions for your summer! :)

    We are just entering winter and I wish it was summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I hope to see the results, I have a boring summer coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome contest!! I hope you had a great summer! Thanks for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!