Saturday, October 31, 2009

What to post today?

So I have been sitting around thinking about what to post up here today. I haven't finished Brainjack by Brian Falkner yet so I couldn't post a review of it yet and I was hoping to have read Ruined by Paula Morris already so I could've reviewed that today. So instead I have decided to finish my New Zealand Book Month stuff one day early.

Now I could also have posted a review for a book that I have read recently because I do have a lot of them. In fact most of November will be filled up with book reviews.

But I have decided to share with you a couple of books that are being released here in November. Because I'm really excited about them all and I'm kind of jumping up and down with excitement at them being released. But they're all part of series' so if you don't want spoilers don't read the descriptions.

Hell's Heroes by Darren Shan

The final dramatic conclusion to Darren Shan's international phenomena, The Demonata. Expect the unexpected..."The girl gazes up at me. She's even younger than I thought, clutching a small teddy bear in one hand. 'Are you the bogey man?' she whispers, eyes round. 'Yes,' I croak, then take hold of her head with my huge, scarred, blood-soaked hands and crush..." Beranabus and Dervish are gone. Bec has formed an unholy alliance with Lord Loss. Kernel is blind, held on Earth against his will. Grubbs is mad with grief and spinning out of control. The demons are crossing. The Disciples are falling. The Shadow is waiting. Welcome to the end.

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me by Louise Rennison

For Georgia, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Just when she thought she was the official one-and-only girlfriend of Masimo, he's walked off into the night with the full hump, leaving Georgia all aloney on her owney—again. All because Dave the Laugh tried to do fisticuffs at dawn with him!

Two boys fighting over Georgia? It's almost as romantic as Romeo and Juliet . . . though perhaps a touch less tragic.

It's time for Georgia to get to the bottom (oo-er) of this Dave the Laugh spontaneous puckering business once and for all. It's like they always say: If you snog a mate in the forest of red bottomosity and no one is around to see it, is he still a mate? Or is he something more?


Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz

It's just another day in the life of an average kid. If you're Alex Rider, that is. A con artist has realized there is big money in charity-- the bigger the disaster, the greater the money flow! So that is what he will produce: the biggest disaster known to man, all thanks to genetically modified wheat that can release a virus so potent it can knock out an entire country in one windy day. But Alex Rider will face whatever it takes--gunfire, explosions, hand-to-hand combat with mercenaries-- to bring down his most dangerous adversary yet.

Often imitated, never equaled, the series that triggered a reading phenomenon is back, exhilarating and addictive as ever.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't read the descriptions, but they look GREAT. :P

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!