Saturday, October 3, 2009

Starbright and the Dream Eater by Joy Cowley

Starbright and the Dream Eater by Joy Cowley
Published: Auckland : Viking,1998


People all over Claircomb are succumbing to a strange illness, thought to be a deadly new virus. But this is no virus, it is a life form so advanced that its intelligence makes a computer look like counting beads. It knows the prophecy too, and it is hunting down the Bright Star to destroy her forever. Can Starbright Connor, the town's tomboy and giggly dare-devil, be the chosen one who will save her friends and family?

Starbright and the Dream Eater is yet another one of my all-time favourite New Zealand books. I have to say though this one is actually for a younger audience but it is still a great read and I think that some of the content of the book could probably be classed as young adult anyway.

I love Starbright, she is a cool girl. She's tough and she is able to fight the bad guys. I also love Esther, she's a really cool and down to Earth person.

There was one thing I found confusing at first but the good thing is that it was later revealed and talked about, so then I knew what was going on to do with that.

One reason I really, really enjoyed Starbright and the Dream Eater was because it had a lot of mystry in it which is something I really love.

This book is one that I have read about five times. It is seriously that good. So if you ever see it anywhere, pick it up because it is truly an amazing piece of writing. It is also quite short so it wouldn't take very long to read at all.

2 comments:

  1. I've read this book before, but it was about 9-10 years ago and I'd almost forgotten about it! I remember what it was about though, and that I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! if you've read it 5 times then it has to be good. That is a sign of a great book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!