Saturday, October 24, 2009

On a Good Day by Deborah Burnside

On a Good Day by Deborah Burnside
Published: Auckland : Penguin Books, 2004


With an alcoholic parent, no money, food, attention or affection Lee is finding adolescence a challenge.

I really enjoyed On a Good Day by Deborah Burnside.

On a Good Day was quite different to the books I usually read. But it was actually really good.

I really liked all of the character, especially Lee. I felt really bad for Lee because things seemed to be going really bad for her. I thought it was really unfair about how most people treated Lee. But then of course there were the really nice characters who actually treated Lee with respect.

This book was really well written because it captured emotions really well and this book took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. I was happy, I was sad and I was angry, among other things.

Basically, On A Good Day is a really well-written book. The ending was pretty good and I was pretty happy with the book as a whole.

Definitely check this book out if you get the chance.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there Rebecca,

    I've just joined a writer's site (SCBWI) and after updating it, googled it to see if it comes up and found at the bottom of the search, your lovely words about my book.

    Just wanted to let you know how validating it is as a writer to have somebody say they enjoyed your book - it's an absolute thrill actually.

    If you liked On A Good Day - there is a boy in the book, possibly you hardly noticed him, his name is Martin Morgan and, well, I liked him so much that I've written another YA novel all about him. It's just recently finished and with a publisher now for consideration, so cross your fingers for me and, if it's published I hope you'll enjoy that one just as much.

    Happy reading,
    Love to you
    Debs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!