Friday, October 16, 2009

Letters to Lesley by Janice Marriott

Letters to Lesley by Janice Marriott
Published: Puffin, 1989
Series: Book 1, Letters to Lesley Trilogy

Henry is a young boy who has to have a pen pal for his school's english class. Great schemes come into play when Henry gets Lesley as his pen pal. Lesley is the perfect pen pal but is there more to him than meets the eye.

Today's review is of a very special book. In other words, these days Letters to Lesley is pretty much a very rare book and really hard to find. But I wanted to review it to share with you how much I love this book.

The story line of Letters to Lesley is a really good one.

Henry is a really cool character and so is Lesley. Henry has some very interesting ideas in his head.

One thing that I really liked about this book was that there was a twist about half way through. Which I definitely did not see coming.

Overall, Letters to Lesley is an amazing read. I read it for school and I have remembered every little detail years later. So if you ever get the chance to read this book you should because it is a really good book.

The other books in the series are Brain Drain and Kissing Fish.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good read. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember reading this book in primary school. It was a really good read. And the twist... well yeah it is a pretty funny twist. Great review. It was good to reminisce over the days of old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have just started to read this boom it is awesome and i cant wait to finish it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been assigned this book for school to study and i am enjoying the text of this book . the meaning of the book still has not come to me yet but in the future i am sure it will (i am up to the 2nd chapter) :).
    the book itself is very old but the text is very modern!
    this book is great for my generation !

    ReplyDelete
  5. my teachers reading it to us, and it's not my favourite book to say the least, it's a bit, on the diffrent side i guess you could say?!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!