Sunday, October 25, 2009

In My Mailbox (29)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren. It is a weekly feature where I talk about the books I got this week from various sources.

So this week I bought myself one book and I got a few books from the library.

The bought:

Fire by Kristin Cashore

She is the last of her kind...

It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. In King City, the young King Nash is clinging to the throne, while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. War is coming. And the mountains and forest are filled with spies and thieves. This is where Fire lives, a girl whose beauty is impossibly irresistible and who can control the minds of everyone around her.


I cannot wait to read this book. I was so happy when I got it. Now all I need to do is get my own copy of Graceling which I absolutely loved.

From the library:

The Hollow by Jessica Verday

When Abbey's best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, everyone else is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead?and rumors fly that her death was no accident. Abbey goes through the motions of mourning her best friend, but privately, she refuses to believe that Kristen is really gone. Then she meets Caspian, the gorgeous and mysterious boy who shows up out of nowhere at Kristen's funeral, and keeps reappearing in Abbey's life. Caspian clearly has secrets of his own, but he's the only person who makes Abbey feel normal again...but also special.


Hate List by Jennifer Brown

Sixteen-year-old Valerie, whose boyfriend Nick committed a school shooting at the end of their junior year, struggles to cope with integrating herself back into high school life, unsure herself whether she was a hero or a villain.


The Faery Reel : Tales From The Twilight Realm by Various Authors

A collection of stories and poems about faeries in all parts of the world by a variety of authors.


The Eternal Kiss by Various Authors

There’s an allure to vampire tales that have seduced readers for generations. From Bram Stoker to Stephenie Meyer and beyond, vampire stories are here to stay. For those fresh-blooded fans of paranormal romance or for those whose hunt and hunger never dies, these stories have what readers want! This collection of original tales comes from some of the hottest, most popular, and best-selling YA writers.


Ruined by Paula Morris

Rebecca couldn't feel more out of place in New Orleans, where she comes to spend the year while her dad is travelling. She's staying in a creepy old house with her Aunt Claudia, who reads Tarot cards for a living. And at the snooty prep school, a pack of filthy-rich girls treat Rebecca like she's invisible. Only gorgeous, unavailable Anton Grey seems to give Rebecca the time of day, but she wonders if he's got a hidden agenda. Then one night, in Lafayette Cemetery, Rebecca makes a friend. Sweet, mysterious Lisette is eager to talk to Rebecca, and to show her the nooks and crannies of the city.

And that was all of the wonderful books I got this week. I can't wait to see what everyone else got.

16 comments:

  1. Great books! Hate List is amazing, I hope you enjoy it. Also, that Fire cover is gorgeous. :)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun reading the books you got. They do sound very good and i like the cover of The Eternal Kiss! Enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful week, full of book awesomeness. Fire is an absolute treasure of a read. Kristin Cashore truly knows how to hold you captive as you let her words of sheer genious course through you. Love love love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, amazing books. I really want to read HATE LIST, and I love that cover for Eternal Kiss as well,

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read Fire! Hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got great books!! I got Hate List too, I've heard great things! Enjoy! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED Fire! I had a really hard time putting it down, and was a little bummed when I finished it! I wanted more :)

    I thought Ruined was pretty good too, it's an easy read.

    The Eternal Kiss had some really good stories, and some that were just ok. Some even made me want more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both Fire and The Hollow are really good
    The other books look great too
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb books. I hope you enjoy them. I love the cover for Fire! Happy reading =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great selection of books! The cover of Fire really caught my eye. And the story sounds good too! Have heard good things about Ruined and am looking forward to reading it. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fire was one of the best books I've read so far this year, and I'm already thinking of who I can give it to as a gift. I hope you enjoy it!

    Ruined is on my TBR pile, I've heard good things about it, and I'm interested to hear what you think of The Faery Reel too, since I've never heard of that title and would like to learn more about it. Enjoy your books!

    Emily
    What Book is That?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Fire cover is great! Look forward to what you have to say on The Hollow. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Hate List and it looks really good. I think I like that cover of The Hollow more than the one that I see in the stores here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wohoo! Fire :) I read both already but I really wanted these beautiful covers. I've been meaning to read Ruined for a while now. Seeing it pop up on a blog makes me want to check it out even more. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved "Fire" and "Hate List." And I think your cover of "The Hollow" is so pretty. The US cover kind of creeps me out. (I think she looks dead...)

    Great books -- happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!