Sunday, October 4, 2009

In My Mailbox (26)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.


This week I didn't get any books in the email even though I was kind of expecting something but oh well.

I did however, go a little crazy at the library this week. As you will see below. There would've been more books but they didn't arrive at the library.


Karma for Beginners by Jessica Blank

Fourteen-year-old Tessa has never had a normal life. Her mother, a frustrated hippie with awful taste in men, has seen to that. But when her mom pulls her out of school to live at an ashram in the Catskills, Tessa goes from being a freak among normal people to being an outcast among freaks. Freaks who worship an orange robe-wearing guru. And while her mom is buzzing with spiritual energy, and finding a little too much favor with the guru, all Tessa feels are weird vibes.


Purge by Sarah Darer Littman

When her parents check sixteen-year-old Janie into Golden Slopes to help her recover from her bulimia, she discovers that she must talk about things she has admitted to no one--not even herself.

Night World Number Two by L.J Smith


Contains Dark Angel, The Chosen and Soulmate.

Rampant by Diana Peterfreund

After sixteen-year-old Astrid Llewelyn survives a vicious unicorn attack, she learns that she is a descendant of the most famous unicorn hunter of all time and she must travel to Rome, Italy, to train in the ancient arts in order to carry on her family legacy and save the world from the threat posed by the reemergence of lethal unicorns.

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

Most sixteen-year-olds have friends. Aden Stone has four human souls living inside him: one can time travel, one can raise the dead, one can tell the future, and one can possess another human...and then he meets a girl who quiets the voices...

And of course I had to get a New Zealand book out seeing as my entire blog for this month is dedicated to New Zealand book month which is this month:

Genesis by Bernard Beckett

Now we are alone. Outsiders can no longer be trusted and are shot on sight. Here in the new Republic the people serve the State and the Philosophers who guide it. Until one man, Adam Forde puts himself at grave risk, and changes everything.

And thats all I got this week. I can't wait to see what everyone else got.

18 comments:

  1. Wow, great books! Enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karma for Beginners sounds great! Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crow! Great set of books this week! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for Karma for Beginners. It's so pretty. I hope you enjoy everything. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I see you also got some great books this week =)
    Have fun reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently read Genesis and wasn't sure what to think of it. The cover that you have there is rather...interesting. Will be curious to know your thoughts. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks!I want to read Purge. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books this week! Intertwined really looks good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look and sound great. I LOVE the cover for Karma for Beginners :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing stash of books this week. Intertwined is a great read and I hope you enjoy it. I adore the cover to Karma for Beginners...and it sounds great.

    Enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely loved Genesis, hope you enjoy it. I'm also envying Rampant, it sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got a bunch of great books this week! Genesis sounds like a really interesting book. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul from the library! I want Purge too! Happy Reading :)

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice books this week, I liked Intertwined, I'm curious to see what you think of it! Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just picked up Genesis too, it looks great. I hope you're liking the Night World books and I'm jealous of anyone reading Rampant right now because it's not been released here. Let's hope that's *yet* and not *ever*.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cover of "Karma for Beginners." It's so eye catching. And "Purge" looks really intense, but good.

    Awesome books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great books! I loved Intertwined. enjoy and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like some great reads! Intertwined looks incredible/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!