Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Guest Review: Scarlett of From the Heart

Title: The Changeover: A Supernatural Romance

Author: Margaret Mahy

Pages: 214

Published: London : Dent, 1984

Summary:
When her baby brother seems to become possessed by an evil spirit, fourteen-year-old Laura seeks the help of the strangely compelling older boy at school who she is convinced has supernatural powers.

Review: When Rebecca asked me to help her out by reviewing my favourite New Zealand book for her I gladly agreed. Fortunately my favourite happens to be one she hasn't read. So today I am here to do a review of my favourite New Zealand book which is The Changeover by Margaret Mahy.

The Changeover is a pretty creepy book. I got a little scared when I read it the first time. I've read this one three times I love it that much!!!

The characters are all really cool and totally awesome and definitely lovable. My favourite character being the wonderful Laura.

I notice that it is now being called a modern classic and I most definitely agree with that description for it is a most fitting description.

If you like creepy books about ghosts, possession and paranormal romances in general I tell you now that you will totally love this book.

Margaret Mahy is a fantastic author and this book is the best of hers but she has written a lot of great books.

Next time you see it get it because it will most definitely knock your socks off.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this sounds like my type of read. I'm typing in the dark right now =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!