Monday, October 19, 2009

Fired Up by Sarah Ell

Fired Up by Sarah Ell
Published: Auckland : Scholastic, 1998
Series: Sportmax

Geraldine loves nothing more than sailing her boat especially when she wins, but a fire destroys the clubhouse and many of the boats, hers included. Her dream of the winning the Tauranga Cup is shattered, but her Grandfather who has recently come to live with them has other plans.

I had to read Fired Up for school but I actually quite enjoyed reading it.

Firstly, I have to say this book is a sports book so it's first and foremost about sports. But I am not really a fan of sports, well actually I really do not like sports at all and try to avoid it whenever I can. But to be honest Fired Up was actually a really interesting story.

It's not ALL about sports, sailing in particular. Geraldine does have some behind the scenes issues going on which adds a bit of drama and sparks the interest level of non-sports fanatics.

But the good news is that if you are a fan of sailing, you will not be sad because there is quite a bit about sailing. I found it to be quite interesting because sailing is definitely not something that I know much about.

I liked Geraldine, she was a nice, down-to-earth and realistic character. While reading Fired Up I felt as though I was with Geraldine the whole time.

Overall, this was a pretty interesting book. If anyone's interested in learning a little bit about sailing or if you are already a fan of sailing then this book would definitely be a good one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!